Thursday, September 12, 2013

September 12, 1938

Dear Jean:
     How did you make out on your exam at Jamestown? I sure hope you get in O.K. Did you get my letter with the money in all right? I really should send money but I just didn't seem to get to the post office in time.      I was over to see Doug Mamol a couple of days ago but he wasn't home. I think I'll probably go to San Diego next week and look up Van Olst. I still haven't seen Twisty Carelton yet.
     I suppose Earl Kiger was down and will be and living my suit out? He should be back hear the 15th.
     I finally got some more fancy envelopes so I figured I had better send you and Jeanette both one.
How are Paul & Dot? I am still worrying about what to do with old Scotty?
     Is the river very low this year?
     Has Douglas been home lately? I suppose he is kept to busy out this time of  the year. I never have heard from him since I was home last. Maybe after I have been gone for a while I won't write so often either. Do you ever hear from Aunt Mimi on the Hawkins?
     Is La Verne still working at Patterson's? What is Kimmy doing now?
     I was ashore about three times last week and just walked around the "Pike." That's a place just like a carnival. That's about all there is to do if a fellow hasn't got a car to get around in. I heard from Shorty. He said he is still going to come out but don't know just when.
     Well I guess I will close for now.
     Love,
     Donald





 

No comments: