Friday, January 22, 2016

January 22, 1941

Mare Island Navy Yards, 
Vallejo, Calif. 
Jan. 22, 1941, 

Dear Jean, 
     Well here I am about a month later with a letter than I should be. I suppose you think I'll be like Doug before long. Ha ha. 
     Don said he had a good time when he was home and I was glad to hear it for my time at home was a kind of a disappointment to me. I had a ride to Jamestown all fixed but the fellow from Enderline ran off without me and then I went back sooner than I thought I would so I could not make it. 
     I also got a letter from Tom Dunn today he is in Bremerton, Wash he didn't say how he likes the Navy. If we can't get home in 41 we are going to try to get home at the same time in 42 but that will be hard we know. 
     Don went to Vallejo tonight so I have not seen him since noon but he should be back before long for he did not have much money. I could not go today for I have the duty today but I get the weekend off and he does not. so that ain't so hot. 
     Don, I and three other fellows went to Oakland, Calif last night and went ice skating we had a good time. 
     One thing N.D. has over Calif is good skates. 
     Did you get home after xmas on your leave. Or I guess it ain't a leave on the outside but a vacation. 
     We will be here about a month and then where we go we do not know but we think it will be Hawaii then to Guam or to New York. 
     I got a letter from Jake Ward today he is in Iowa going to school. 
     How is Jeanette getting along in school. I guess she got the 25\00 for the washer. I wonder how much of that went for Dandy? 
     Thanks for the xmas gift. I went to Valejo last week to a show I had a few beers before the show. I fell to sleep in the show. They came down at 12 o'clock and told me to get teh h--- out they wanted to lock up. so I didn't even see the show. 
      Well I guess that is about all the news this time. 
Love
Malcolm







No comments: