Thursday, January 21, 2016

January 20, 1941

January 20, 1941
Dear Jean:
     We are finally getting squared around again where I can find time to write.
     When I got home I found Jeanette was gone so I stayed home a little longer I really expected to but really had a swell time.
     I was only in Minneapolis for one day and I went out to May's in the morning but there wasn't any one home so I went back down town and was going to look Bernice Noonan up but she wasn't home. I didn't know Tom's or Marion's address so I didn't end up finding any one until in the afternoon. Then I went up to where Dean works and found him. Mary and Shelby didn't come home until about 6 O'clock. It all ended up I didn't ever see Tom or Marion. I'll bet they really think I'm a dandy. 
     I had a swell time on the way back on the train and got acquainted with some nice people. 
     I've been ashore twice since I got back. Last nite Malc and I were over to a show and it was a pretty good one "Nelly Kelly." Deanna Durbin acted in it. 
     Malcolm is now in the electrical division ("E") and I think he will like it better than the B-div. At least it's nice and clean work. 
     I was down to Whapeton one nite and saw Darcy and he still weighed 220 pounds. 
     Did you get home on your vacation O.K.? 
     Well we have about a month left here in the yards. I sure hate to think of going to Honolulu again but I guess its just as well because maybe I'll get a chance to save a few dollars before I get paid off I have 
     Well jean I'll close for now, 
Love, 
Don 







No comments: