Dear Jean:
I received your letter yesterday. We just got back from Guam and it sure seems nice to be back. I wish it was back in Calif.
Out of the last 30 relays we were at sea 26 of them. We stoped at Wake Island for a couple of hours on the way back from Guam but there wasn't any thing to see there. All it is is just a rock sticking out of the water. Not even any trees just small bushes. It is a landing place for these clipper planes that fly to the Phillipines & China. It costs $0.35 to send a letter from there by plane.
How was the vacation & how did you find every thing around home? How is Jeanette behaving herself? & who does she run around with? Does Maleah like his job any better then he use to? I hope he has it out of his head about joining the Navy because I know he wouldn't like it.
I haven't been ashore since we got back so I can't write anything about over here except it looks nice here from the ship but I think Long Beach would look nicer.
Say what did they do with the 8 fellows the arrested in Jamestown & what kind of information were they putting out. Things are really hot over in Europe, its hard to tell what will happen. So you say the office gal is cute but dumb. Hah. Well that's the way I like them. Cute so I'll love them and dumb so they will love me.
I heard from Ben Eldridge yesterday he is still in Fargo. It's the first time I heard from him since I've been in the Navy. I wonder who gave him my address. He even knew I was on the Salt Lake City. So you only have a year left. Well I only have 1 year 5 months, 20 some days
It sure gets hot down in the fire room where we work a quite a bit especially at certain times. It get all the way from 120 degrees to 150 degrees and 55 degrees. I sure don't think I've gained any weight over here. I still am about the same as when I shipped in. Does Malcolm look as he is gaining any weight. I wonder how Doug is looking?
Jeanette told me she was going to try get a waitress job. I sure hope she don't. She should be able to find something in Lisbon. I wouldn't like to see her quit school at her age.
Well Jean I'll have to close for now as I have another letter to answer. I've really let them pile up. What I should do is get a typewriter and make a bunch of carbon copies.
Love
Don



No comments:
Post a Comment