Friday, July 3, 2015

July 3, 1940

July 3rd

Dear Jean:

Well here it is almost 4th of July again & its plenty warm out here. I supose its pretty hot back there now?

I've only been ashore once since we came back from Guam. I've been staying aboard and doing a little studying. Yesterday I took the exam for second class machinist, there were 12 of us. I think I wrote a pretty good exam but being quite new on the ship might hold me back but in a month or two I'll know.



I have the duty the 4th so will have to stay aboard but I rats the week end so think I'll go over.

The fleet are anchored here again. I'd sure like to see Tom Dann but the Saratoga is a quite a ways form here.

How are things back in Dakota, are they going to have a crop this year? Has Darcy been up there lately?

For a while we were tied along side of three other ships so we had our choice of any one of 4 movies every nite. That's as good as I could do in Fargo.

Well Jean, seeing as I've been staying aboard & seeing nothing I can't think of much to write. Oh, yes give the cute little office gal a smile for me.

Love,
Donald.

I'll send some more pictures later in a few weeks.





No comments: