Thursday, July 30, 2015

July 30 1940

7/30/40 

Dear Jean: 
     I haven't much time to write now as I'm going ashore in a few minutes. I'm just waiting for a fellow to get ready. 

     We get underway again tomorrow morning, that's why I'm writing now. 
     We have been at sea for 2 1/2 weeks and just anchored yesterday. This is sure a sea going devil. And lately the chow (food) has been rotten in fact lousy. Beans, beans & beans. We even had 3 different kinds of beans for one meal. 
     The last couple of weeks we were at Midway Island, Wake Island, Johnson Island, French Frigate Shoals Island and Palamore Islands. All they are are a bunch of rocks. I guess we will be at sea most of Aug. 
     I hope you enjoyed your vacation. Well Jean I'll have to close for now. 
     I received your letter today but haven't time to answer it now so will write again before long. 
Love, 
Don



No comments: