October 3, 1940.
Dear Jean, I received your letter yesterday. I also heard from Malc. He says he likes it OK so far. I sure hope he continues to like it. I hope he gets in the medical division as he wants.
For the last two weeks we have been tied up along side of a repair ship and are doing quite a bit of repairing. The USS New Orleans is also tied up along side of us. Bud Parsons is on there so I get to see him almost every day. We are planning to go ashore to-gether next week. He ?? & roller skates quite a bit.
I haven't been in Honolulu for quite some time now but last Sunday I went, over here in the yard I went swimming in a pool.
I'm glad to hear you are doing right in your classes.
I imagine Douglas is kept pretty busy with
<no more pages for this date>


No comments:
Post a Comment