San Diego, Calif.
Nov. 16, 1940
Dear Jean. Well how are you getting on with your work? I tried to get up to see you when I was home but could not find anybody goin up.
Boy is this a great place, we are just 14 mi from Mikes and the temp is about 70 so we do not get cold out here. The only pace you see snow is when you go up in the mts.
I have a soft job I am working here at the destroyer base and like it fine so far. The have good chow and plenty of it.
I don't know how long it will be untill I get on the Salt Lake, but it is due into San Pedro next week and we get four days off so I am going to look up Don if I can and get some money from him for it is bad to be broke when you get a lot of time off.
The oranges are ripe out here now so we can pick them off the tree and think nothing of it. It is a lot different than paying 5 cents each for them.
We get 4 days off for Thanksgiving and 8 for Xmas if we are still here.
Well I would like to ask you a lot of questions but I don't know when you would write to answer them so I guess I won't. I will write and tell you where to sent the letters as soon as I know myself.
I have been here 4 days and like it better every day.
Love,
Malcom


No comments:
Post a Comment