Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November 3, 1940

Nov. 3, 1940
Dear Jean,
     Here it is Sunday and I have liberty but am staying aboard ship to day. I was ashore last nite and made all the rounds. I think that was the last liberty I'll make out here until we come back from the yards. We are supposed to start back the 15th and are supposed to get in the states around the 21st I hope.

     I haven't heard from Malcolm for quite a while now. I've been kind of anxious to find out what ship he is going to get on.
     I still haven't looked up the Hirsheys yet & it looks as if I won't either. I don't think they would recognize me anyway. They would probably take me to church if I did go to see them.
     We have been having doing a quite a bit of target practicing the last few weeks. We get under way tomorrow and come in Friday nite.
     How do you like the kitchen? Have you heard from Jeanette or Malcolm? Did Malc come home on leave? Is there any snow there yet? Have you heard how the Danes are lately? The ship Tom is on was out here a couple of weeks ago but I didn't get to see him.
     Well Jean the mail closes in about a half hour so I'm going to make this a short letter. There really isn't anything to write about out here anyway. I'll sure be glad to get back to the states again.
Love,
Don.
P.S. The next letter you write you can send it in care of Post Master San Francisco, Calif.





No comments: