Nov. 26, 1940
Dear Jean, I guess it's about time I'm writing but since we have been back to the states I'm to darn busy to write much & right now I'm too sleepy to write much.
It sure seems good to be back again but I've been freezing ever since we have been here (Friday morning).
Saturday nine of us fellows went to Long Beach in a Buick and I really had a big surprise. When I got there I found out Earl & Gordon Keyes were there and also Malcom had come up from San Diego. I Phoned up Twisty Caroltons place & Malc. was there so he came down town & we later went to a house party in "Pop" Severson's house and didn't go to bed until 5 in the morning but I really had a nice time there was about 20 of us people from Lisbon & a kid from Elliot & another from Lisbon.
I think Malc looks better all right but he sure isn't getting any more hair. He was with that Nelson from Lisbon I didn't see him Sunday because they had to go back early. He is stationed at San Diego now but I think he will be transferred to the Salt Lake City before long.
I haven't had hardly sleep now for three sites so think I'll close. Friday nite I worked almost all nite to get my work done so I could go to Long Beach Sat. Sat nite I didn't go to bed until 5 in the morning and only slept a couple of hours. On sunday night we drove back here straight and it's almost 505 miles one way but to-nite I intend to catch up on a little sleep, I hope. I think Max & I will probably go to Long Beach Friday nite & come back Sunday nite this weekend.
Well as I was saying I'm pretty tired so will close.
Love,
Don.
(P/S, I haven't heard from Jeanette for a long time, do you?) I'm so sleepy I even signed your name here at first. My address is now
Donald R. Campbell,
USS Salt Lake City, B-Div.,
c/o Post Master,
San Francisco, Calif.




No comments:
Post a Comment