Wednesday, December 16, 2015

December 16, 1940

12-16-40 
Dear Jean, 
     Here is some money. This will have to do for a Christmas present. I joined the band - I have to take off 14lbs by the 27th of Jan. I think I can do it ok. Maybe you better send me a diet that will help. I had received my questionnaire so figured might as well get the years training over with as soon as possible. When will you be going to Fargo? Well have to close for now. 
"Merry Christmas" 
Love Douglas




Dear Jean 
     Here is 5.00 Sorry I can't send more right now. Will send some more in a a couple weeks. Maths in the Navy now. Got a letter from him. he says he likes it . 
Love Douglas

Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year Don't go out and get souzed on this 
Douglas


No comments: