Feb. 17, 1941
Mare Island Navy Yards
Dear Jean,Well ,I guess it is about my time to write a few lines. Don said to say hello. so hello.
Not much news the week. We go out for a trial run this Friday and we leave the yard in about ten days. We go to Long Beach but we do not know for how long. It may be a day, a 1 week, or a month we do not know. We are almost sure we will be in Hawaii with in the next month.
I got a letter from Dot some time ago, and on from Jeanette so I guess I should write more than one letter to night.
Don made a mat for his girl in Fargo last night I guess it is her birthday lucky girl. HA HA.
We still have rain each day of the week little sun shine, but I guess that is better than 2 or 3 feet of snow to walk through each day.
We are tied up along side the North Hampton at the present time. A pal of mine is on it but I guess he must be home on leave for I have not seen him.
Don is doing a little studying tonight and that is what I should be doing and I may put in a few min. before the night is over.
I got a letter from Tom Dann, he is in the Bremerton navy yard and from what he said it is just like this one. Poor kid. HA HA.
Don was down to Long Beach last week and I guess he seen some of the people from home. But I could not go I had the duty and also was broke.
My pal from Dougs is back at Lisbon so I almost hope we do not go to San Diego or I guess it would still be better than Hawaii. Don said he has a couple of places he wants to show me when we get to Hawaii.
Well, how is the hospital under the new management. are you still the big shot one the fourth deck? or that is what the navy would call it?
We went over to the show last night But Don & I did not think so much of it but the gobs we went with think it is a good show the name was Arizona.
Well I guess that is about all for this time.
Love
Malcolm
No comments:
Post a Comment