Feb 10, 1941
Dear Jean: I received your letter several days ago and intended to answer sooner but just couldn't seem to get to it.
I went down to Long Beach Friday night and came back Sunday night. I saw the memories, Florence and Christy Carelton, Abe Shephard and a fountain kid.
Out side of my trip to Long Beach I haven't been doing anything except going to the movies over here in the yards almost every night. Malc has been going along with me most of the time.
Malc. and I went ashore the other night to go roller skating but the rink was closed so we ended up going to a show, some fun.
It's been raining here every day for a hell of a while but it won't be long until we leave this country again and go back to Honolulu again. I sure hate to go back but maybe I'll be able to save a little money so I'll have a little to live on when I get paid off in Dec. - only 10 months and 11 days to do. I went over to labor III round this afternoon go and got an application to fill out for a job when I'm paid off. I sure hope there are some openings.
Boy! You will be doing good if you can read this as I'm laying in my bunk trying to write and I'm also so damn sleepy I don't hardly what I'm doing. I guess the 3 nites of sleep I missed out on when I went to Long Beach is too much for me.
How is every thing in N.D.? I had a letter from Bernice Hoyle, and my little Norwegian gal also. I also heard from my gal in Fargo. It seems like when I do get any mail it all comes in bunches and then I have a heck of a time answering.
Well Jean I guess I'll close for now and see if I can get some sleep.
Love,
Donald


No comments:
Post a Comment