Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February 17, 1941


Fgo-2-17-41

Dear Jean, 
     Intended to write to you sooner - but didn't get around to it. we are located in the fargo house until we leave for Louisiana - which will be about the 25th or 26th of Feb. 
     Most of the fellows are pretty anxious to get going- including myself. 
     About 5 or 6 days ago we were vaccinated and inoculated and our arms are in pretty good shape but I understand we get another shot tomorrow. 
     Last night we were out to the Don McMill show and it was pretty good. The place was packed. This must have been 7 or 8 thousand people there. Some other radio stars were there but I forget their names.
     Some of the fellows went home for to-day but I stayed here in Fargo.
     Johnny Richling and some of the boys in the band got their pictures in the Nago Town when they first got up here - just wondered if you saw it.
     I will write more later. Can't think of any thing else to say.
     Oh yes. I weighed in at 199 lbs - How's that for reducing?
     Some of us fellows have been going over to the YMCA swimming pool and steam bath showers - that sure works out good.
     Well guess I'll really quit before I have to start another sheet.

Love
Douglas.



No comments: